Friday, March 28, 2014


Hello lovely humans.

Been fairly boring recently, I am sick as of writing this post; which sucks! So excuse my probable lack of enthusiasm.

Had the most amazing day just about two weeks ago, on the 15th of March. Woke up really early in the morning, to have a great traffic-less ride to Berowra Waters Marina! So, I was the first there; and the ferry was closed, and I was not sure if I was on the correct side to meet everyone... Usually, it's a 2 minute ferry ride, otherwise it's a forty minute drive to the other side.

After some panicking, I was extremely relieved to see Lara, Jenga, Amanda and Logan turn up! Bloody hell... Not too long later, we found out almost everyone else was on the other side; the wrong side. Mitch, Paul and Edwin had realised and raced over; and we started preparing our hire boat to head over to the other side to pick up the others; before heading to Craftys. After inflating our mini-boat, getting all our food and drinks on board; we proceeded to the other side and picked up Neil, Kathy, Matt and Jess.

1. Picking the others up from the other side: 2. Me pointing out features on the wall: 3. Chilling: 4. Our little blow up boat: 5. Jess: 6. Captain Jenga: 7. Donald Duck lips
Brooksy onsighting Not Waving, Drowning 23.

Skipper Jenga and I navigated to the wall, about a twenty minute trip from the pier. The wall was monstrous, wow! Absolutely terrifying. I'm positive that everyone had an amazing day; whether they sunbathed, climbed to the top, traversed the wall or just had a great time in the water. We had a BBQ for lunch, a few people jumped from the top; it was just an absolutely amazing day, with the best people. I put quite a few photos and videos on my Facebook, please do check!

Neil Monteith

Logan, Jenga and I
How we used the little boat

So we stayed out by the wall, probably for about six or so hours; Jenga had a bleeding eye, because he looked down as he jumped from the top of the 22m wall. Matt had also climbed all the way to the top; and Neil, Paul and Mitch also got to the top, skipping the slab at the very end! Way too committing for me, I'll let my crazy friends enjoy!

Such a massive wall

We dropped the others off, before heading back to our side of the marina and had some ice-cream and snacks at a picnic table, before heading off! On the way home, a freak storm had appeared out of nowhere; absolutely drenching me on the M2. I stopped under a bridge and tried to wait it out, even cars were stopping! I could not see anything at all anymore.

The jump sequence

Far out, woke up with a terrible stomach ache on the 16th, as I was preparing to go to work. I cancelled my shift with Vishal, he didn't seem too happy about it, but we managed to get a replacement. Napped on the couch, since I couldn't get back to sleep in bed; then got some Red Rooster for lunch; after the rain had cleared.

The next day, 17th, I was called in for a shift at Parramatta, to work with Royal, Janelle and Usha! It was a really boring shift, if only working at Auburn was this easy...

I had booked my Motorcycle P's test the next day, the 18th, at the Penrith Regatta Centre. My instructor for the day was Elaine, and I was joined by the two coolest, nicest guys from originally from New Zealand, Neil and Anthony. Normally, it's a group of six, but today, it was just us and we all got along extremely well! Turns out, they were both from Whalan and Emerton, respectively; and they had many mutual friends from work, what a small world.

My face had hurt all day from laughing and smiling with everyone, and we did some basic manoeuvering in the parking lot, before going out for a road ride. Rather than doing the usual boring circuit around Penrith; Elaine told us to keep quiet and we went on a ride towards Wallacia, taking some twisty roads on the way. We had lunch at a pub, where they had $9 specials for steak, fish and chips, chicken schnitzels and such; it went down so well!

I filled up at the servo, while the others had their smoke and we headed back to the centre. The amount of breaks we had all day, for drinks and to chat... I couldn't keep count! We all did the more formal part of the day, the MOST test; where we all passed with flying colours, and none of us lost a single point. I rode to the RMS at Mt Druitt with Neil afterwards; having lots of 'fun' on the way there, and got my provisional riding license!

Had to wear lame vests, haha!

Skipped uni on the 20th, there was meant to be a strike and some classes would be cancelled. I met up with someone on Gumtree, so that I could buy a graphics card off him, so that I could run it in CrossFire with my current card. It was another HIS 5770; with a slightly different design to mine, though. Went to ClimbOz for the evening, where I met up with Ola and a few others to climb! Did a few circuits for training, usually doing a few routes on one rope consecutively; and spent quite a long time telling jokes to each other!

On the morning of the 21st, it absolutely bucketed down with rain, so I asked Tony if he could get me. So this was at about 5am, and the rain woke me up. For some reason, my phone didn't show a notification that he had replied; so he waited outside my house for about 15 minutes until I was ready. I felt so bad, but we just managed to get to work on time, luckily.

Working hard!!

Worked with Hannan for the first time, so psyched that I got him a job here, wooh! He finished his shift early, and I went on my lunch break with him at Maccas; where he absolutely destroyed his meal, and my meal destroyed me. Brought some back for Tony to eat, the usual deal. Went home with Tony, and it started raining just a bit before I got home; not bad!

Got a random shift at Penrith Kathmandu the next day, 22nd, and it was a pleasant change! Worked with two girls, the assistant manager Kelly and a part timer, Amy. It was ridiculously quiet compared to Auburn, and that made my job ridiculously easy. I could help customers easily, to Mt full ability and not worry about juggling four different things at once. I was spoiled for choice for lunch since there is a food court here unlike Auburn... I had KFC for lunch, but by the time I was done, I wish I had gotten sushi boy was I full. I had a really good day, enjoyed working with the girls. And I asked if I could get more shifts in the future!

Had my regular Sunday shift at Auburn the next day with Kim and Benn, the 23rd, where we were busy as hell! Such a different environment working here compared to the others stores... Benn got us some coffee, and Petra came at lunch. I stayed a bit longer than usual to help out because of how busy it was.

After I left work, I went to MSY to buy some things for Daniel and myself, only to find out whatever I wanted was out of stock... I checked out PCDIY afterwards, and they recommended something else but I needed to check out reviews before committing. Maybe I'll get it next time I work. Actually, while riding to these places; I forgot to zip up the pillion seat bag and my lock and keys fell out and hit the road; everything seemed fine, except one key that was bent pretty badly.

Scared the shit out of me, when it hit my leg and hit the road. It's the yellow thing in the top right of the frame, by the crack.

On the 24th, my bike was due for a 6000km service at BikeBiz Granville in the morning; so I rode there first thing in the morning, and then walked to the Parramatta CBD to meet up with Esmeralda. She said she would walk down Church Street towards me, but in fact, we found out that she had actually gone the opposite direction, nice. She said she was starting the whole walking one thousand miles thing, hah. So, first thing we did was continue walking down Church Street, where she wanted cakes for some reason... I passed on that thought, and then we ended up walking back to Westfield without any cakes.

I went to a keycutter to see if they would be able to either fix my key, or make another copy; not knowing if I needed a key that was in good shape for him to be able to do that. He said no problem, and cut up a key for me in about 20 seconds; too easy. She really wanted to catch a train up the mountains; but honestly, there is nothing to do up there if we just went up like that; I associate the mountains with climbing and pub food!
Waffles, strawberries and chocolate topping | Bacon, eggs, sausages, hash brown and toast!

We decided to catch a train to the city instead; where we got off at Town Hall and ate at a cafe; where I had a 'big breakfast' and Esmeralda had waffles! Sent a few Snapchats to people, talked to Thanjon on Messenger; and then we walked into the Kathmandu store on Pitt Street, where I heard it looks really cool and modern! Not bad.

Decided to go find some computer stores to see if I can find my CPU cooler, but it seemed all of them were sold out. Daniel suggested that I go to Capitol Square and look in the shops there, so we walked in that direction; and that's when it absolutely started BUCKETING down. It was so bloody heavy and it seemed like the roads flooded instantly. Unfortunately, everything was sold out in these stores as well, and their price points were much higher than MSY and PCDIY! Took refuge in Gloria Jeans afterwards, before heading home!

Capitol Building, a.k.a Caps building; who would spend $16 to take those asian photos?! Made our own free ones.

Finally got to see Coomerbabes on the 25th, it's been way too long since I've last seen that guy. I caught a train to Penrith, and we met up in the food court in the plaza. I had some Hero Sushi, and he had something with Spinach and Feta from Ali Baba. Just caught up, talked about things and laughed at everyone who was completely zoned out watching the TVs in the food court. It was genuinely hilarious.

Went to Dymocks, where he needed to find the 7th book of The Wheel of Time series; which he had already predicted that they didn't have. Funny thing was, they had every book, except that book. Walked to the other side of the plaza, where he said QBD would definitely have it; and voila, they did. I asked him if he had ever seen a book store with a 'now hiring' sign, I have never seen one; but I imagine working there would be great, customers know what they want, are not loud, perfect.

Drove to The Climbing Centre, where the new kid was working; and me and Coomer had the whole gym to ourselves. It was great climbing Seann's new routes, the quality is so much higher than it used to be; and it was just great climbing with Coomer again after all this time!

How you doin'?

Anyway, the past few days have been pretty boring for me. I've been staying at home; sick! I have no idea why... But started off with a sore throat, now it's just coughing and a terribly runny nose. Been spending most of my time playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive with all the boys.

Also, some songs you should listen to:
You're Not the One - Chester See
I'm Falling For You - Chester See

No comments:

Post a Comment