1. I like to rock climb.
2. I also like skiing, cycling (road and mountain biking), abseiling, hiking. Basically, anything with an adrenaline rush or involving the outdoors.
3. I go to the University of Western Sydney, at the Parramatta Campus. It's boring, I do nursing, such an easy degree. I go two days a week, woohoo!
4. I work at Kathmandu in Auburn, sometimes I get called in at Parramatta. I think the job suits me, being a hiking/travel company!
5. I will finish this list! (Duh, I'm copying it from twitter, where it's done) I get bored easily when I'm not doing anything productive.
6. I have five pairs of Vibram FiveFingers. I used to have 6, but I gave my KSO Trek to my brother because it didn't fit well. Currently, I have a Bikila LS, Classic, KSO, TrekSport and a SeeYa.
7. I have 7 barefoot shoes, including the five pairs of FiveFingers. The other two is the Merrell Tough Glove, which is my general beat-around shoe, and a VivoBarefoot (Terra Plana) Dylan, a canvas casual shoe. I also have a pair of Merrell hiking boots and Mad Rock approach shoes. I use two pairs of climbing shoes, one by 5.10, and one by Scarpa.
8. I tie in with a Figure-8 retrace knot for climbing. Not so confident with the double bowline yet.
9. My cousins from Portland, OR are doing the opening act for Clara C and David Choi's concert. They have a little band called "In Good Company".
10. I am jealous of this because I have a HUGE crush on Clara C. :( Huge. Maybe a little man-crush on David too. No, but seriously. Clara, omg. <3 p="p">
11. I was born on the 10th of November in 1993.
12. I am a huge brand whore when it comes to outdoor gear. I have so much clothing from Mountain Hardwear, because they make amazing gear, that looks good, performs well, and fits epicly. Same with Icebreaker and prAna.
13. I also own stuff by The North Face, but I don't like wearing them, despite how well they make their clothing, because I always see Asian fobs wearing TNF gear everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
14. I like reading books about someone's life. For example, Mud, Sweat and Tears by Bear Grylls, or Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston.
15. My favourite hand creme is called "Climb On!". It's amazing because it's made of completely natural products. Nothing artificial about it, no preservative or anything.
16. When I visited Thredbo this year, I stacked it pretty badly down this Blue Run called "High Noon." Super steep, so I picked up lots of speed on the powdery parts, then towards the bottom, all the snow disappeared and it was just ice. Lost control and flipped! It hurt.
17. A solid 9 hours of sleep makes me happy! :D
18. My average lead climbing grades outdoors for on-sighting is roughly 18 on the Ewbank ranking system. 5.10a on the Yosemite Decimal Scale. Lead climbing is a style of climbing where you 'clip in' to points of protection as you go up the rock. The style you see in most rock climbing films. In gyms, the protection point is right at the top, called 'Top-roping' which is the safest kind. Leading is scarier. On-sighting is climbing the route the first time without prior inspection, or getting advice from anyone. In comparison, my indoor top-route limit is probably 23 or so?
19. I willingly accepted the Facebook timeline, because I thought the cover photo idea was pretty cool!
20. Every night before I sleep, I check the weather on 'bom.gov.au' to know the conditions tomorrow, because I usually cycle to get around.
21. I recently started blogging here again, one more month and it would be 3 years since I've started this one! Srsly, don't go back, some stuff is just embarrassing lulz.
22. I spend way too much doing climbing related things. Whether it be watching climbing movies, talking with climber friends about previous climbs, reading technique books, visiting climbing forums, walking along and practising moves in mid-air, or grabbing things as I walk past, thinking that would be a good hold... I have a problem !!
23. It took me 96 seconds to do the official IFSC Speed Climbing Wall. It's rated 22. 5.11c
25. My weekly schedule revolves around climbing outdoors, indoors, going to university and going to work. Homework fits whenever!
26. My favourite fast rood restaurant is probably Red Rooster. I like the Classic Quarter! With the leg piece, and extra seasoning.
27. I would like to be a commercial, airline or military pilot. Although, I would totally settle for a sponsored mountaineer or rock climber, like Ueli Steck, Alex Honnold or Chris Sharma ;)
28. I think bacon is utterly amazing. Lots of bacon rashers and scrambled eggs. SO GOOD.
29. I don't really follow trends, like music or fashion...
30.. Delilah, I can promise you, that by the time that we get through, this world will never ever be the same. I like lyrics, I post them, and sing all the time!
31. I watch Ray William Johnson's =3 show all the time, usually on the day it comes out.
32. I am so broke.
33. When I'm going home on the train, my favourite thing ever is getting an mX newspaper. It passes the time so well!
34. My favourite alcoholic drink is Southern Comfort and Coke.
35. Whenever I have a calendar in my room, I always forget to the change page. I only flicked over to August two days ago.
36. I keep and collect and tags from clothing I buy.
37. I have a set of skis I'm dying to use! Volkl AC20 skis, Marker 3 bindings, Nordica Hot Rod 75 boots and Kerma Pro Carbon poles.
38. Favourite coffee is a white chocolate mocha with one sugar.
39. I'm lactose intolerant.
40. I sleep with a Pikachu on my bed every night. :)
41. I think I'm addicted to Gangnam Style by PSY. I keep watching it, although it might just be the hot dancers that bring me back to watch it.
42. I dislike smokers.
43. I wish I wasn't sick right now, I really want to climb !!
44. I worked his year at the Health and Fitness exposition for Merrell Barefoot and Shoeologist.
45. At the expo, I entered a mini-competition for pull ups, and I did 21 'proper form' pull-ups in 60 seconds.
46. I use Head and Shoulders 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner. I use a Goat's Milk / Aloe Vera blend body wash! Good hygiene gets girls ;) (Rick's tips, Wong Fu Productions)
47. I've been saving up for a road bike for ages, but I keep blowing my money on other things. Pretty much on climbing gear and other outdoor gear.
48. I suck at saving money, seriously. Seriously serious.
49. I've kissed one girl in my life.
50. I'm a hug-whore though! :D
51. The other day while climbing at Mount York, it started hailing as I was halfway up the 20m climb. It hurt.
52. I love seafood so much. Lobsters, prawns, crabs, oysters, mussells, scallops and so much more.
53. Favourite fruits are blueberries, strawberries, mangoes and watermelon! (Although, bananas, rockmelons, oranges, apples [okay, i love fruit] are still awesome.)
54. I think evolutionary fitness is the way to go for optimum health. Think MovNat.
55. I'm not a fan of apple, and prefer PC over Mac, Windows over Mac OS, Android over iOS and I use a Samsung Galaxy, rather than an iPhone.
56. I used to be afraid of the dark, and slept with a night light, but now I can't sleep unless my room is pitch black.
57. I used to be afraid of heights, but now I love rock climbing! I was recently at Sublime Point in Leura doing a 150+ metre high abseil and multi-pitch climb.
58. Favourite items are McDonalds are probably the Double Cheeseburger, Chicken McBites and McNuggets. I also do like the Big Mac and Quarter Pound. Of course, fries too.
59. I really like sushi, particularly Sashimi and Nigiri. Grilled King Crab, mmmm. Delicious.
60. Favourite three movies this year, The Dark Knight Rises, ted and The Avengers.
61. Before I was lactose intolerant, I used to love vanilla ice-cream and Crunchy Nut cereal.
62. I think night-clubs suck.
63. Shots of tequila, fuck me up.
64. Favourite beer, Speights!
65. The longest bush-walk I've done went over 4 days, started at Kanangra Walls and finished in Katoomba.
66. The most beautiful walk I've done was the Routeburn Track in New Zealand. It's located in the Fiordlands, borders Mount Aspiring National Park and Milford Sound. It went for three days, but I wish it lasted longer. It is one of the Great Walks of the world. Beautiful. Amazing. Serene. Epic.
67. Since going mostly Paleo, I cannot handle sugar well at all. Some things are just too damn sweet, like milk chocolate. Dark chocolate however, is utterly amazing.
68. I've worn glasses since October 2001, and suffer from Amblyopia in my left eye.
69. I had one for this, but it was seriously the epitome of TMI. So I won't say anything, feel free to use your imagination because I'm innocent. :D
70. I am still on my Learners driver's license, I really should get my provisional license, but I'm lazy.
71. My tweets are pretty damn pointless.
72. The skin of my fingers are so bad, and my hands are all callused because of climbing.
73. My favourite TV shows are How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory.
74. I don't like hot weather.
75. I've been to New Zealand, the United States (Oregon, Las Vegas and Los Angeles), Vietnam and Hong Kong.
76. I'm really glad I don't work in fast food. During my lunch breaks at work, I walk over to McDonalds to eat sometimes and the amount of incompetence is too damn high. Then I tell myself, "thank god I don't work here"
77. I wish I could sing well.
78. I started climbing because my friend liked a girl that went to the climbing gym as a school sport.
79. My priorities are pretty bad.
80. I don't like spiders.
81. I am quite cynical.
82. I love coca-cola! Much better than Pepsi.
83. When I'm on the train, I always stare out at the stations and hope that a hot girl would enter my carriage.
84. Favourite three restaurants in Sydney are all asian. Barluck in Cabramatta, they do fancy asian dining, multi-course meals. Favourite since I was a kid. Canton Noodle House in Burwood, they do a KILLER Combination Chow Mein. Also Tan Viet Noodle House in Cabramatta, their crispy skin chicken is to die for.
85. One of my favourite dishes would be Roast duck with egg noodle soup. I love duck! Tastes delicious.
86. I think my mum's cooking is the bomb.
87. I'm an audiophile. Means I obsess about the quality of my music. Due to this, I have a high quality pair of headphones to use at the computer. Sennheiser HD 555s. When I go out, I use one of two earphones I have. Both are Sennheiser also, (they make awesome stuff) and they are the CX 550 and CX 500 models.
88. Fat people on trains annoy me. I have to buy an extra ticket for my bike, but they take up the same amount of space.
89. Every fact so far has been the truth. Dead honest. I hate liars, especially when it comes to something really important.
90. I used to be a huge computer nerd/gamer. That still shows a little, I type at over 120 WPM, I'm good at trouble shooting issues, and my all-time speed typing record is 176WPM! Not gibberish, I had type a paragraph from a book, word for word, including all punctuation and capitalisations.
91. I used to play games like World of Warcraft, Counter-Strike: Source and Defence of the Ancients on Warcraft III. Lots of others too, but those are the main ones. I was pretty damn good too, seriously.
92. One of my best friends is currently training in Wagga Wagga for the Australia Army. Rifleman position in the infantry. Frontline soldier.
93. All my underwear is made from merino wool, it's an amazing material. I also only wear boxer briefs rather than just briefs.
94. I'm a slow eater.
95. I would like to have a 4x4 for a car, because 4WDriving is just so much fun.
96. I am not a morning person at all.
97. I frequently use the On-The-Go playlist on my iPod so I can repeat songs all day.
98. I want a Luminox watch. (I used to want a Suunto watch, but decided on Luminox because they're badass.) Google it!
99. I always wear a Jade necklace. It represents two symbols of Maori origin.3>
Fish hook, also known as Hei Matau: Represents strength and determination, and brings peace, prosperity and good health. Also provides a safe journey over water.
Manaia: The carrier of supernatural powers. Traditionally depicted with the head of a bird, the body of a man, and the tail of a fish - representing sky, earth and sea, and the balance between them. Protects the wearer from evil.
100. I'm not sure if I miss her, or if I miss being in a relationship. (Edit: I think the latter)
Enjoy. Proper post coming soon!
|Quote: Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. -Lao Tzu|